Pic of bad cap - was...Running Hot... Too Hot

To: Stephane St-Amant <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Subject: Pic of bad cap - was...Running Hot... Too Hot
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:52:03 -0400
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Spit List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Stephane St-Amant
>As promised, here's a picture of the culprit that made the Spit run
hot... too hot.

Warning, not for the faint of heart! :D

http://www.totallytriumph.net/dcforum/User_files/3d6abf7f12c15401.jpg

The rubber gasket is about as flexible as my back is after 5 hours of
driving in the Spit :) and how about those cracks!?!
<

Welcome to the club!  I, too, suffered from cooling system problems that
lead to much consternation until I replaced the cap.  Not realizing I had
fixed the problem I continued to puzzle over it until I noticed that the
problem had gone away!

When you consider how cheap they are, you really wonder why we don't just
replace them more frequently.

Cheers all

Dave