Recommendation for tool cn.com>

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Recommendation for tool cn.com>
From: corey.sherman@RCN.COM
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 23:47:48 -0400 22, 2002) at 08/19/2002 11:47:50 PM, Serialize complete at 08/19/2002 11:47:50 PM
I am seeking a Snap Fastener Hand Press (much like "pres-n-snap",
http://www.snapfastener.com/pns.htm) to secure the snaps & grommets for my
convertible top installation, but for a little less than $150! I feel that
my Home Depot $8 tool won't quite cut it
(http://www.taylormadeproducts.com/2002catalog/pg33_5.jpg).

Am I crazy (don't actually answer that), but I starting to wonder why a
modified vise grip should cost so much? It would begin to explain why the
installers want so much money for the job. The again, may be it just
alimony payments. So, after much ado, (15 price quotes ranging from $300
to 450 from installers up to 90 miles away!), each claiming +6 hours of
labor, I've decided to attempt installing my own convertible top. As some
suggested, if I screw it up, I could still afford to buy another one.

Does anyone have a tool to loan, or advice.
Sorry for dragging this thread out (formerly "Top Replacement")
Thanks everyone, again.