Re: Brakes & parts cross reference

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brakes & parts cross reference
From: BPAULTR3@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 10:55:06 EDT
I recall a cross reference book we used at the junkyards in the 60s when
looking for parts for our group owned  47 Plymouth.  I'm wondering of such an
animal exists for British cars of the 50's and 60's.  I located one such book
but it started inthe middle 70's so was not of interest to me.

I'm specificall interested because my 14 year old son's first car just
arrived, a 1960 Morris Minor, and some of the parts are clearly the same as
TR's, like the tail light lenses.  I'm wondering what other parts are the
same, since I have a garage full of those, and what other Brit cars use the
same or interchangeable parts.    I'll be checking numbers as I go along but
it would be nice to know if I can just order a part from Moss rather than
trying to chase it down elsewhere.

All the Best
Bob Paul

BTW, if anyone has some good tips on Morris information I'd be interested to
know.  This is all new to me.  Wind up windows, imagine that !!