TR6 Carb Leak

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[78740960:01C2453C] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g7GFnKe08991
Subject: TR6 Carb Leak
From: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:49:11 -0500 cpqcorp.net>
Hello All,

I have a 74 TR6 with Zenith-Stromberg carbs.  This past winter, I did my first
carb rebuild using the excellent articles by Nelson Riedel on the Buckeye
Triumphs website.

The rebuild went great and the car runs fine.  However, when the engine is shut
off, there is a puddle of fuel in the throat of the rear carb.

There are two things that come to mind; the float height and the jets.  I plan
to pull the carbs this w/e, but I only want to go through this exercise once.

When I did the rebuild, I carefully set the float height at 16-17mm
(.630-.670") per Nelson's instructions.  I also found and installed a new pair
of Grose jets.

Here are my questions.  When I measure the height again and, if I find the
float in spec as indicated above, should I change the height slightly and, if
so, how much?

What type of washer should be used under the Grose jet...fiber, or metal?  What
thickness?  The rebuild kit had both types and with various thickness.

How tight do I need to torque them in?

Thanks,

Bill
Atlanta