Re: E-BAY search hints

To: RayAntoky@aol.com
Subject: Re: E-BAY search hints
From: Geoff Burns <gburns@directcon.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 00:23:14 -0700
Cc: rbtr3a@cox.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
I use ebay frequently and have found the following to be useful to reduce the
number of items found by a search.

If you go to the category of interest, ebay allows you to search only within
that
category. So you should start at the correct level in the product category and
sub-category.

I have found it is also useful sometimes to exclude certain words to narrow your
search by using the words and not followed by the word you want to exclude, as
in
Triumph and mirror and  not TR3 and  not TR4. You can also use the - character
before the word to exclude as in Triumph and mirror and -TR3 and -TR4. There is
limit to how many characters you can enter, but I don't think I have ever bumped
up against it. If you are using Microsoft Explorer, your computer will save your
previous character strings and show them to you when you start typing a word you
have used before in the SEARCH box.

Geof Burns - Shingle Springs, CA - 69tr6