Re: Please check your Heritage Trust Certificate

To: TeamTiger21@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Please check your Heritage Trust Certificate
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:13:02 +1000 FILETIME=[4DE1D0A0:01C244B1]
Barry Schonberger wrote:

>Received my TR3 Heritage Trust certificate last month. Under column 11.
>Details of Factory Fitted Equipment, it says "5.50 wire wheels." >Called
>the Archive Department today to confirm that listing, since >5.50" wire
>wheels are not listed anywhere as an option in 1956. There >appears to be
>some confusion as to whether the micro fish record means >5.50" wide wheels
>or  5.50x15" tires. A number of the cars built >around mine have that
>listing. If your certificate listed wire wheels, >please check it and let
>me know how yours reads. Thanks

Barry FWIW, the Heritage Certificate for my 63' TR4 lists "5.90 tyres".  My
car has the standard 15" road wheels which were described as "disc wheels"
on the certificate.  The line about "disc wheels" was listed in the "Details
of Equipment" section separately to the tyre information.

Based upon that it may be possible to say that the factory would normally
have listed the type/size of the tyres separately to the type of wheels,
thus you probably recieved 5.50x15" tyres and the standard wire wheels.  Of
course the style of recording may have changed over the years...

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4 CT23641 O
69' 2000