RE: e-bay honesty

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: e-bay honesty
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:54:53 -0700
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net
> Is it ever possible to straighten rims?

Yes, sometimes (depending on rim material and how badly it's bent) but doing
it right is very expensive and the result may still not be as strong as
original.  If you can find a replacement for less than $2-300, it makes more
sense to go that way.  Don't forget that original TR2-6 wheels weren't very
strong to begin with, cracks in the center section are not unusual.

Here's a place in MA that says "We can straighten aluminum, magnesium and
steel including race wheels".
http://rimandwheelworks.com
There's a similar place in CA, but I don't have their link handy.

Randall