Herald Convertibles

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Herald Convertibles
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:57:24 +0100
On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, at around 01:04:40 local time, Scott A. Roberts
<herald1200@comcast.net> wrote:

>> > Ellie  - 1963 White Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV
>

>Mike-
>I was very interested to note your 63 Herald convertible is only 105 numbers
>after my 64 Herald Convertible.

<g>

> Presumably, the ocean crossing issue has
>something to do with the 64 vs. 63 year on my title.

That would seem to make sense.   Did cars get registered in the US when
they landed, or when they were sold?   If the latter, it is also
possible that yours sat at a dealership for a while after it arrived in
your country.   Mine certainly sat at a dealership for a couple of
months before being sold.

>  My number is GA 125519
>LCV(A fact I am trying to get motor vehicles to officially recognize-
>someone in the deep dark past made the "L" into a "1" and it carries forth
>to this day)

I wonder how many differences there are between the two cars, aside from
the LHD/RHD thing?   Do you have the long cowl headlamp surrounds?
Recessed or flush dash controls?

>Do you have a production date for yours?

No.   I believe she was built sometime around August 1963, but I haven't
got a BMHIT certificate.   She was first registered on 1st October,
1963.

> I imagine mine should have most
>likely come through earlier the same week, if not day.

Quite possible.   What are your engine and body numbers?   Mine are:

Engine: GA123919HE
Body: 88318 RAT

>What I know about mine- originally wedgewood blue with black interior,
>nothing really special otherwise, came into a 12/50 engine at some point.

Mine is pretty much original, although I have had to replace the
carpets, and at some point early in her life she was fitted with
enormous 1940s horns, and a bank of gauges.   White with Matador Red
interior.   You can see some pictures at
        http://www.hargreave-mawson.demon.co.uk/Herald.html

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FM105671