Temp guage reading too low

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temp guage reading too low
From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 07:34:02 -0700 (PDT)
We had a great time at the British Motorcars of New England annual festival
this weekend in Massachusettes.

During the car show yesterday, with the temps in the 90s I thought I'd be a
smart guy so I bought some Water Wetter and added a few ounces to the radiator
before the drive home.  Later on I noticed that the temperature gauge would
only hit the first mark on the scale - or 1/4 of the range.  Coincidence?  Come
on - this stuff doesn't work that dramatically!

What else might cause this?  Stuck gauge?  Thermostat problem?  Anyone?

Joe Merone
                             South Burlington, VT
                                                  CF18928