Electronic Voltage Stabilizer - INSTALLATION part 3

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electronic Voltage Stabilizer - INSTALLATION part 3
From: "M Brooks" <mike@gsta.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 21:41:12 -0400
Hi again everyone,

Got the Electronic Voltage Stabilizer ready for installation into the test
bed TVR. What I did was disassemble an old 12V metal case relay I had in the
junk pile and pulled out the guts. Then wired up the IC voltage reg so that
there are 2 input spade terminals and 2 output spade terminals. This meant
riveting the IC to the grounding case and soldering the input and output
terminals to the appropriate locations. Easy. Stuck it back together and
it's good to go.

Tested the unit with my trusty 12V power supply and gauges - works exactly
as expected. Next step is to install it in the TVR 2500M I'm working on. My
friend who owns the car has had it for something like 7 years and he drives
it all the time. Obviously he knows the car inside and out and where all the
gauges normally read with the original electro-mechanical Voltage
Stabilizer. He should be the perfect guinnea pig since he'll be able to tell
immediately if the gauges aren't acting properly.

I'll post the results next week when he returns from NY and tests the car.

~Mike Brooks