Engine Sputter

To: "Phil Smith" <philip.smith25@verizon.net>
Subject: Engine Sputter
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 21:46:00 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Phil Smith"
>Decided tonight to take the TR6 out for a ride.I haven't been driving it
much
this summer due to afternoon rains. Stopped to get gas, the gauge indicated
1/4. Used Chevron supreme/ high test. Filled the tank. Drove for about 20
miles, 70mph, when I thought I felt a stutter. Sure enough then another
sputter,I told my son it was the carbs, fuel line? Engine then cut out
completely.Put it in second, popped the clutch, and it started right away.
Drove another 20 miles, at 45 to 75 mph range, with no other occurrences?
Should I worry about this occurring again? Is there anything I should do?
Nothing like this has ever happened before. My car has always run
flawlessly.
<

Vapor lock???  I don't know but my TR6 has done this twice on me (in the 15
years I've had it) and it has always restarted right away.  A few years
back I replaced the pump with an electric but I cannot say with any
confidence that this quite infrequent symptom has gone away.  But I haven't
had another occurance since.

Good luck

Dave Massey
71 TR6