Triumphant mail

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Triumphant mail
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 22:27:51 -0400
I noticed that for the past week I seemed to have received no mail. I mean
physical not electronic. Normally the bills seem to come more frequently
than that. It seems that nobody else loves me enough to write... ;^p

Bills I can do without, however I had begun to wonder what happened to the
Triumph seat belt covers I ordered from JS on ebay.

Then I had an odd suspicion. For the past 2 weeks I have been installing a
30-tonne stone deck out front of the house. (I've lost 1 1/2" off my waist
line digging gravel and carting stones in 90+ degree heat, some vacation...)
Anyway, my ratty old mailbox no longer fit, so last week I pulled it off the
front wall and stuck it in a window ledge junk pile about 20 feet from the
door There it sat, covered in caulking tubes and surrounded by tools and
whatnot. Every day as the work progressed that pile of junk has been moving
up and down the ledge and around the area, with the box practically
invisible under the pile of junk.

I was just ruminating about how the newspaper guy had started to leave the
paper on the front step in a plastic bag just in case it rained. I wondered
how the mailman would keep the mail dry. I just imagined him looking about
wondering where the mailbox had gone to... You guessed it. I went outside
and unburied it. There it is, full of each days mail for the past week. And
in midst the nice pile of bills and pre-approved credit card death traps is
my set of Triumph seat belt pads. Very nice looking too by the way.

You know that old saw about neither rain nor snow nor dark of night (sic)
will stop the mail? Well damned if it isn't true!  That guy must have a
metal detector in his pouch and for sure a certain level of tenacity. I just
put the box back on the wall until I find a new one. I think a week of
hide-and-seek is good enough to prove a point. I won't try to block the mail
again (even inadvertantly) without first finding an immovable object.

Cheers,

Mark Hooper
72 TR6