Re: hood prop

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hood prop
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 22:55:06 EDT
In a message dated 6/26/2002 1:13:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
davidt@opentext.com writes:

> > mine faces out toward the fender and Andy M. never deducted any points in
> > concours from me
>
> Calling out to Andy, help us resolve this or simply state on of the
> following "inney", "outey" or "doesn't matter"

OK, OK, I can't take the pressure any more! :-)

Actually, I've been spending a lot of time with the "new" Herald, but I did
take a moment to look at my own TR3A, which, at least in this one area, is
painfully original -- even paint -- and relatively unmolested. The "jaws" of
the rubber piece face towards...

...the "near side" (LH side, driver's side in North America and many other
places)!

In all honesty, though, attempts to swing the support rod to either side of
the mount for that rubber piece rather convinced me that it probably wouldn't
matter which way it faces.

Maybe I'd best stick to judging Heralds from now on.... :-)

--Andy

Andrew Mace, Vice President, Member Services
  and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>