Lucas strikes again

To: "''triumphs@autox.team.net ' '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lucas strikes again
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 19:47:18 -0400
I found out the reason for my strange flashing signal problem. The turn
signal switch on the steering column is shorting internally when switching
to the right, and sometimes when to the left. Sometimes it is just shorted
to ground and then you hear the flasher clicking away even with the switch
in the central position. The telltale smoke coming from the column gave it
away pretty quickly.

Question. Is it worthwhile trying to repair these units, or are they dead
once they start to go?

Not looking to go spend where I don't need to, but don't want to have a
meltdown on the road with a patched up switch either.

Mark Hooper