Re: Ignition Advance pt.2

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition Advance pt.2
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@ultrasw.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:32:27 -0700
Graham McMicken wrote:

> ...I have inspected the Advance weights, they seem to be working fine,
> cleaned everything up. Put it back together, and it still doesn't work.
>
> I set the Static timing, so the Idle is fine, but when I give it any gas,
> The spark is too late, it can't rev, and starts backfiring. Im almost
> positive it is the Advance, but I could be wrong....

If you have or can borrow a timing light then you will know for sure.  Someone
mentioned the type with a dial on it and that would be great because then you
can
gauge any advance quite accurately.

Did the weight springs look okay?  When you twist the rotor (advance it against
the springs/weight) does it snap back smartly?

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson