Re: odd news flash - not LBC teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g5S0CO315811

Subject: Re: odd news flash - not LBC teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g5S0CO315811
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:12:15 -0700
Todd Richmond wrote:

>It amazes me that a high court of law can be so ignorant of what the
>Constitution actually says, that they could make this the pillar of
>their reasoning.  There is no tenet, not even a clause, that says
>there should be a seperation of church and state.  The Constitution
>merely says that the government cannot promote a particular
>religion, i.e., there can be no state religion, something the
>Founding Fathers feared because of their experiences with the
>Anglican church in England.  That state-sponsored church was the
>reason many of the colonists came over here in the first place!

Todd:

You have done an EXCELLENT job of making the case. You're exactly
right, and thank you for taking the time to respond.

The only thing I would like do to add to your paragraph above is to
say that the Constitution doesn't merely prohibit the government's
PROMOTION of a given religion, but it also limits the government's
PERSECUTION of a given religion and its followers.

The 9th Circus Court's ruling favors the religion of secular humanism
and shuns any other religion which has a 'god.' (not JUST
Christianity) Not only that, but the court's ruling forces the
beliefs of a few upon the majority.

When liberals start pointing their fingers, they've always got three
more fingers pointing back at themselves. It's really quite humorous
to watch.

Now
 where'd I put that Nomex?

--