RE: odd news flash - not LBC

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: odd news flash - not LBC
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:53:47 -0700
> -- Federal appeals court rules Pledge of Allegiance
> unconstitutional because
> of words 'under God,' according to The Associated Press.
> Watch CNN or log on to http://CNN.com /AOL Keyword: CNN for the
> latest news.
>
> Another one of those "Only in the USA" moments? Is this a change
> of heart, a
> hoax? I thought you lot were very proud of that pledge?

It's no hoax.  As the article notes, the 9th circuit appeals court is the
most overturned court in the country.

However, they do have a point, we are supposed to have complete freedom as
to religious beliefs, which includes atheism and polytheism.  The words
"under God" were added in 1954, perhaps it's time to take them out.

Randall