Re: Water pump break in?

To: Mike Thompson <miket@rio.edu>, tr list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Water pump break in?
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@inetarena.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 07:33:08 -0700
Mike,

I've heard the dry run-in thing, and also that new pumps use rubber seals
(instead of graphite) and thus don't need it.

There is a tech tip on the Moss site that says to use a wire wheel in a
bench grinder to spin up the impeller (thus you don't have to run your
engine dry).  I plan to do that on mine, because I don't want to run my
newly rebuild engine without coolant, even for a short time.

-Darrell

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS