RE: Viruses abound

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Viruses abound
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:30:54 -0700
> Randall, that is the beauty of this system. The "junk" mail is held
> in quarantine at the ISP website, the account holder can review what
> is being held, and decide to have it either Delivered, or Deleted.
> This Insures you don't miss any important email, but does require
> some interaction on the user's part.

But what advantage is there to scanning the spam through some web
application, instead of directly on my hard drive ?  Even with a fast link,
the hard drive is many times faster, and more reliable.  I don't even have
to have an Internet connection at the time.

The whole thing strikes me a bit like the old cartoon of someone spending
hours sorting mail through the various slots at the post office, only to
find they all empty into the same bin.

Randall