TR6 clutch

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: TR6 clutch
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:56:41 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Jack W. Drews"
>My TR6 clutch actuation is rather unpleasant. It is not possible to let it

out without the pedal binding on its way up. This makes starting up from a
standstill rather untidy. It feels like the bushing is binding on the
shaft. I've tried the oil / WD40 treatment even though I know that's the
wrong thing to do on composition bushings on steel shafts.
<

My TR6 does the same thing but I attributed it to the throw-out bearing
carrier hanging up on the transmission nose piece because the input shaft
seal leak has allowed the Redline MTL to wash off all the lithium grease I
put there upon installation.

Maybe it is the slave cylinder plug hanging up on the bore?

Dave (interested in the answer, too)
71 TR6 (and others)