Re: BAD habits

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BAD habits
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 16:43:45 -0500
Cc: "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Cc: "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 10:18 AM
Subject: BAD habits

> I have a rented garage about 20 miles from my home that I store some cars
&
> parts in, this a/m I decided to bring the 1931 model "A" home for a little
> summer fun, now I just drove the T/R 3 1100 miles round trip to Mid Ohio
so
> habits of shifting and driving are well imbedded in my mind, pull up to
the
> very first traffic light and shift the 31 into 1st gear, light turns green
and
> I back right straight into the car behind me, I was in reverse, the "A" is
3
> speed "H" pattern shift, no damage to either car, but really embarassing,
old
> habits by old people is very, very bad, I know that even more today than
> yesterday.  "FT"

Well, it wasn't a police car and you were not drunk.

I lived in fear of this for some time when I had a Ford Fairmount (or
Fairmont, damned if I can remember) which was a 3-on-the-floor and an Opel
Manta which was a 4-on-the-floor.  Figured any time now I was going to whack
a lawyer's Merc with the Ford.

Sorry to hear that it has actually happened to someone.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org