Was: Coolant In Oil

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was: Coolant In Oil
From: Ian Clough <mc_ian@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:19:31 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

Thanks to all who responded concerning my problem
however I must recant a little:  Just got a call from
the mechanic and it looks like my 30-second roadside
diagnostic was WRONG!  It was fuel that got mixed in
with the oil (not coolant).  According to mechanic
it's either due to the carb seals or faulty fuel pump
(diaphram).

I was originally going to get the car back from the
shop and replace the head gasket myself.  Good thing I
let them tinker a bit (I hope).

On the bright side, I'm already back on the road.  On
the other side I'm three bills lighter now (well
technically Mastercard is, in time I'll be less three
bills and interest.  Sure Canada has universal health
care BUT WHAT ABOUT OUR CARS?!?!?!)

Ian
'75 TR6
Ottawa