Triumph Bicycles and parade laps

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph Bicycles and parade laps
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:01:19 -0700 (PDT)
Message text written by INTERNET:N197TR4@cs.com
Bikes are strictly forbidden at Mid-Ohio. In a moment of inspiration
(stupidity?) I entered the track during Triumph Touring on Saturday,
zipping by security.

I rode "New Blue Too", a Triumph bicycle,  across the start finish line and

re-entered the paddock through the garage area.  I am looking for someone
who got a shot of this moment of insanity by camera or video.

Bridget and I got to the track a little late that morning too.

We missed getting in the parade by about 10 minutes.
I suppose we could have snuck in without too much trouble.

In any event . . . we walked up to the huge deck that runs along the garage
area and overlooks the pits and the start finish line.

I think watching the parade was probably a lot more fun than driving in it.. .
. if you can call it driving.  It looked like idling in first gear around the
track it was probably too fast for the procession.

I did see the Triumph bicycle in the parade . . sorry to say I didn't get a
picture though.  I had wondered if it had gone around the entire lap.  Although
it certainly was do able speedwise . . . the driver looked a little too
enthusiastic crossing the finish line to have actually pedaled all the way
around the track.   Waving frantically and pointing at the bike yelling "It's a
Triumph!"

What I want to know is why was there a new Mini and a Superformance roadster
mixed in with all the other Triumphs in the parade lap.

There were still plenty of cars available to hitch a ride in .  . . they didn't
have to ruin it by taking non-triumphs out there.

Scott Tilton
1970 TR-6 everyday
In Leesburg, VA
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com