Windblocker

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windblocker
From: aribert <aribert@c3net.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:19:14 -0400
Still a bit behind in my digests, if a better answer has been given,
appologies for the wasted bandwidth.

I am unfamiliar with the specific wind blocker that you have.  I suspect
it
was made by Orris in Germany.

I have adapted an Orris wind blocker intended for a Miata onto my Spit
bodied GT6.  I absolutely love it.  Used it this morning (temp was 51
deg F
when I left the house). My top down tolerance went from about 50 deg
down to
about 36 deg F with a mid weight jacket.

Typically for Orris windblockers there is a plate (with a welded on
tube)
that you would mount to your topstack mounting brkt.  This part becomes
semi-permanent to your car.  When you intend to use the windblocker, you
slip the rods that extend from the windblocker frame into the tubes and
secure the short rear flap via snaps on the bodywork.  I could send you
JPGs
of my installation if you desire, but the rod/plate/tube is all custom
made.