Re: TR3a Rad overflow

To: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, "Triumphs@Autox Net \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a Rad overflow
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:41:35 -0700 191e46033c8d3cf118d6751971adabb3043796350badd9bab72f9c350badd9bab72f9c
David,
I added an aftermarket plastic overflow to my TR3A, it makes a huge
difference as far as I'm concerned.  Without it, as soon as the engine
overheats a little and coolant goes out the overflow, you are left with less
coolant and then the engine overheats even more. With the bottle installed,
as soon as I get out of traffic or on the otherside of the mountain, the
temp comes back down. Before I had to stop, wait, add more coolant and then
try again.   It is also environmentally correct.  If you're going to shows,
install it so you can easily remove it.  You could also mount it in front of
the radiator, but then you can't visually check the coolant level - another
big advantage.

Bob