Re: Locking Gas Cap

To: "James Jones" <topperop@erols.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Locking Gas Cap
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 23:38:10 -0500
> The early model Spitfires had a spring loaded gas cap that would pop
> open when you depressed the tab.  Many years ago I saw an exact
> duplicate of the part except it came with a key lock in the release
> tab.

My Rover came with such a device stock.

BTW, the Monza fillers on TRs are wonderful things.  I forgot to close mine
after fueling yesterday.  Already had my seat belt on when I noticed it in
the mirror.  Reached back without unbuckling and closed it.  :-)

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org