TR3A front muffler that won't fit.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A front muffler that won't fit.
From: Dave Easton <eastonfamily@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 00:52:25 -0700
Greetings again this great list,

I'm attempting to replace the exhaust system on my 1959 TR3A and can't fit
the front muffler (silencer).  (This is the mild steel exhaust system from
The Roadster Factory.)  The front pipe on the forward muffler won't fit into
the down pipe because it interferes with the rear axle.  I've tried raising
the axle but it still interferes.  The new muffler is wider than the one I'm
replacing and the angle of the front pipe is slightly different.  It just
looks like it won't fit without interfering with the rear axle, even when
the car is supported by it's wheels.  Has anyone else had a similar problem
with a replacement muffler?  What am I doing wrong?  Any helpful advice
would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dave Easton.
1959 TR3A