TR4 fender attachment Questions

To: "INTERNET:BPAULTR3@aol.com" <BPAULTR3@aol.com>
Subject: TR4 fender attachment Questions
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 09:05:03 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:BPAULTR3@aol.com
>Swore I'd never fool with a car with those pesky wind up windows, but
there's
one in the shop.  The front of this 40 year old sweetheart's fenders are
welded at the seam and or pop riveted/screwed too.  Is this a normal state
of
affairs??  Sendng the tub to be media blasted soon, the the reassembly
begins.
<

No way!  Even as late as the TR6 the front fenders were "bolt on."  Rear
fenders, too.  That tradition, carried over from the TR2/3, wasn't
abandoned until the TR7/8 design.

Dave (I've unbolted a few TR4 fenders and plenty of TR6 fenders) Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6
80 TR8