Re: Insulation blanket

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Insulation blanket
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 23:07:36 EDT
Greetings,

Those heat shield "blankets" are available from lots of vendors.  I bought
mine from Summit Racing.  When I did the clutch on my TR4 I replaced the
original tranny tunnel cover with one of those "plastic" ones from TRF and
installed the heat barrier to the underside of the cover.

That heat barrier works GREAT, but it's important to install it properly.
You need to make sure that there is space between the blanket and the tranny
(or whatever).  Without room for airflow, the heat, instead of being
dissipated, gets absorbed by the tranny (or whatever).

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA