No, way too little flow thru rear carb

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: No, way too little flow thru rear carb
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 21:08:52 -0400
Well, after I replaced the diaphragms, I was able to get the carbs to
balance. I'm guessing the torn diaphragm on the rear was reducing the flow
to it. How, I'm not quite sure. Possibly because air is moving around the
bridge.

I replaced the bypass valve on the rear carb, but may have screwed it up.
Idle seems to be hunting around a bit. If it persists, I'll probably do as
suggested by Dick Taylor and just block it off with a gasket.

So:
1. A broken diaphragm reduces flow
2. The Gunson Carbalancer works fine
3. I satisfied my curiosity about what's inside the carbs.

Thanks for all the advice.

- Hugh Fader