RE: Shipping Tires

To: "'Stephane St-Amant'" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Shipping Tires
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:01:58 -0400
You didn't say which size tire.   165x15's mounted on mini-lite wheels fit
nicely in the 26" square box that I got from Mailbox etc.  (their radius is
about 25 1/2")  I didn't use it for shipping, but put some newly purchased
ones in them for about 8 months until I was done with restoring the brakes,
suspension, etc.   I couldn't pass up a half-price sale on the Dunlop SP's
and didn't want them getting messed up shuffling them around the garage (not
much room to work - so they were moved a lot)....

Some years ago, I received some by UPS from one of the tire manufacturers
individually wrapped in non-sticky paper tape like wrapping.  About 8" wide.
Then two were taped together for shipping.

If you are really concerned about the damage issue - I'd find a couple boxes
(or one - if you can find one as it would be cheaper to ship)
Carl