Re: Wire Wheel Adapters

To: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Adapters
From: Michael Thompson <miket@rio.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 08:25:01 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Scott,
Here's the differences:
Wire wheel studs are about 9mm shorter.
The nuts are tapered on both ends. Both of these because they have to
fit behind the wire wheel.
If you shorten the studs enough to fit wire wheels then when you put
your steel wheels back on, the studs will only go up half the steel
wheel nut.
My solution to the problem was to make aluminum spacers to make up the
difference when I wanted to run wires.
If my web site was up, I could show you the pics and dimensions of the
spacers.
Cheers,
Mike Thompson
59 TR3