Re: Carb Selection

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Selection
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 13:56:29 -0400
Randall Young wrote:

> > I have a '65 TR4A which came with a set of SU and Zenith carbs
> > complete with
> > linkages and manifolds.
> > which is easier to maintain?
>
> My preference would be for the HS6.

I bet that'd be the more popular choice, but it misses
Dave's question.  Now I've very little experience, really,
with Zenith Strombergs and none at all with SU's.  But from
what I've read on this list and elsewhere, I suspect the ZS
would be easier to maintain.  For one thing, renewing their
throttle shaft bushings is a hell of a lot easier than
rebushing SU's.  For another, piston wear ain't an issue
because of the rubber diaphragm.  (That diaphragm can split
but it's an easy fix.)  About the only thing I can think of
in favor of the SU is that it's easier to tweak the
mixture.  (And there's a much larger selection of needles
available.)

<flames to /dev/null>
--
Douglas Frank    DigitalWhoopsCompaqImeanHP Corp.
ZKO              110 Spit Brook Rd.            The older I