RE: Advanced auto

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Advanced auto
From: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 22:14:58 EDT
Larry, I had similar experience with them.  Two Summers ago I was heading to
an event at one of the "big 3" when my mechanical fuel pump in the TR-6 gave
up.  I was out of state and about an our away from this parts supplier. I
called them up and explained that I was broke down and  would find a way to
get there to pick up the fuel pump if they could hang around.  They said
nope, none in stock and they did not have a rebuild kit either.  I pleaded
with them to go look in the back as I was sure that they would have a fuel
pump on a used motor laying around that I could buy to at least get me on the
road.  Reply was nope, don't sell used parts.  So I went to the local
Advanced and the counter guy was very helpful calling around and said he
could have one delivered in the morning.  Now this was from a guy I had never
spent a penny in his store and would never again as I was from out of state
as opposed to my "supplier" that has gotten a few thousand dollars from me
over the years. I didn't want to spend the night in a hotel so I ended up
buying a generic electric pump and doing a roadside conversion.  To make
matters worse when I got to the event the next day what did I see on the
shelf for sale? Yup, a shiny new mechanical fuel pump for TR-6's.  I know
that all the parts from the discount houses my not be top quality all the
time but at least they tried to help.

Marty