old curmudgeon

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: old curmudgeon
From: "Edward Woods" <fogbro1@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 17:26:09 -0400
All,

To balance my rant about the pilfered TR6 hood and what I hope happens to
thieves, I'd like to relate a good experience I had at Carlisle.

I'd purchased an overdrive gearbox, in pieces, on Sunday morning and, in my
rush to be on the road home, I left the mainshaft on the back of the seller's
trailer. Never met the guy in my life; had only his name and phone number
scribbled on the back of someone else's business card. The gearbox was in
pieces, so, when I discovered the lack of a mainshaft when emptying the box
full of parts several days later, I wasn't even positive that I'd seen a
mainshaft when I bought the stuff. You'll have to remember that I'm past 60
and saw a whole lot of parts in those two days at Import Carlisle, so
forgetting the presence/absence of a mainshaft is no surprise. At least to
me.

At any rate, I called the seller and left a message. My voice mail contained a
response the next day and my snail mail contained the mainshaft about a week
later.
Never asked for a dime, although I mailed a check to him this morning.

So there are some good folks out there. Most of them own Triumphs, some of
them own MG's, and a few own Austin-Healeys. Mike owns and drives a couple of
TR3B's.

Thanks Mike.

Ed Woods