WIRE WHEEL CLEAN? AND HUB LUBE? (LONG)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: WIRE WHEEL CLEAN? AND HUB LUBE? (LONG)
From: AVALON2455@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 23:08:45 EDT
Hi! Guys!

This was probably a previous thread, but I been on the TR net for about a
year......and haven't seen it....

1.  What is the best way to clean chrome wire wheels?  I have tried many type
of acids, soaps, commercial products, cone brushes, toothburshes, pressure
washers, etc. etc. etc.

       Everything seems to leave a dull red or white hazy film that must be
wiped off with a rag.........comes right off......but........with 288 spokes
and small spaces........it's a pain........anyone have an easy, practical
solution.....without pipe cleaners, little fingers and 2-3 hours of time???

2.  What is the best lubricant for the splined hub on spoke wheels???  I've
tired white lithium grease, black lithium grease, blue lithium grease,
antiseize, etc.......all seem to turn red and rusty like......the wheel
sticks on........and I find red film on the spokes and around the outside
rim......I've tried silicone sealant on the insides of the hubs around the
spoke ends.........doesn't seem to help!

3.  HELP!!!

Clark