RE: re-post from last week

To: "ART on 5th Fine Art Gallery" <info@arton5th.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: re-post from last week
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 22:13:07 -0700
> I have just acquired a 1960 TR3 A and have a question about the horn.
> This particular car has an aftermarket LeCarra steering wheel. The
> stator tube and wiring have been removed so there is no horn and the
> turn signals work with a toggle switch on the dash. I hate to buy the
> whole control head as I assume it won't work with the aftermarket
> wheel.  Is it possible to find just the stator tube? Thanks in advance.

Joe, there is at least a persistent rumor that Realey Healey is reproducing
them.  Not listed on their web site, but you could try asking.
http://www.realeyhealey.com/

However, I don't think this is what you want to do.  You still need some
sort of horn button that will fasten to the stator tube, and not turn with
the steering wheel (as the original control head did), or else some sort of
slip ring arrangement like later cars had..

Idle curiosity : If the stator tube is missing, how did they seal the gland
on the steering box ?

Randall