Champagne British Car Festivals

To: TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, TR8 List <TR8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Champagne British Car Festivals
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 20:46:25 -0400
Once again the Champaign crew did a bang up job on their show.  Only one
thing was missing - THE RAIN!  Were the weather gods smiling upon the good
group in Champaign or were they just distracted?

Anyway the weather cleared off midmorning Saturday and was as near perfect
as you can get for the street dance.  The 50's theme brought out the
leather jackets, the poodle skirts, the letterman sweaters and the
poneytails.  It was neat.  Kudos to Mark and Pete and Chris and Deb and
Perry and Greg and all the others.

A 500 mile round trip was no sweat for the TR8.  Just got warmed up.  This
was the furthest we took the TR3 since we got it.  It performed flawlessly.
 No fuel system problems (got that sorted out last year), no brake problems
(got that sorted out this year), no electrical problems, and the new side
curtains were just the trick for the drive up in the light rain (which
cleared off Saturday).

Oh, the 3 threw a fan belt about 12 miles from home but since it was not a
TR4 or TR6 I just slipped on the replacement (that was in the boot) and we
were back on the road in less than 15 minutes.  Less trouble than a flat
tire would have been.

Back home.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA