TR8

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR8
From: "Wente" <dlwrew@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 16:04:23 -0500
Listers
        The fever has struck again. I heard of a 8 for sale last year, and
passed on the info to others. Seller called me again after 6months-is anyone
interested now? I call other friends to pass on the offer for sale, and my
wife says- why do you keep giving the good deal offers to others, I want to
see the car!
        I was able to drive the car home, she wrote the check. Now, before I
unleash my wife and an 8 on an unsuspecting public, a quick request for help.
Car is 1980 TR8 with Offenhauser manifold and Holley(I think) 4 barrel, no
emission controls, dual point dizzy, sneak circuits, suspension from Vicky
Brits, no tach(related to the sneak circuits, probably), and does not run
smooth at any speed in any gear under load. Feels like an ignition
intermittent cut out. Everybody is closed for the holiday. I'd like to set
points and quickly make it tractable. Ignition switch off observed spark
jumping the gap when opening the points to check gap. I know, I know. Do the
basics.
        Anyone listening who has a similar set up? I think I may need to
bounce questions before I need a cervical collar(very jerky acceleration!) And
probably questions in the future. Thanks in advance.

        Rick Wente, with an aggregate total of 54 in the spark plug quotient/
cylinder index