RE: TR3 door cappings

Subject: RE: TR3 door cappings
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 20:56:51 -0700
> OK, I'm lost.  Just exactly how does one "set" the door capping?  When I
> recovered them, I put a nail in under the foam, but now I can't smack them
> soundly enough to drive that in.  Also, it looks like a very "precise" fit
> in that the almost exactly the door opening width and I am afraid
> if I don't
> get the "just right" the door will not close.  HELP.  Any suggestions
> appreciated.

Ken :

Mine are secured on the inner flange that extends down the face of the door,
3 or 4 holes where the screws that secure the door facing also penetrate the
capping flange, and go into the wood in the top of the door.  I've never
seen any sign that they were secured from the top.

Randall Young
59 TR3A TS39781LO daily driver (currently sidelined for OD transplant)
63 Sports 6 HB7826LCV rustoration project
71 Stag LE1473L daily driver (Real Soon Now)