TR3 brake/idle questions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 brake/idle questions
From: "dwillner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 10:05:53 -0400
I've developed a rather annoying squeal coming from the rear right wheel,
after I drive about 5-10 miles. If I tap the brakes it stops for a few
seconds, sometimes altogether. I rebuilt the wheel cylinders a few years ago
and the linings and drums are in good shape? Seems to happen when the
car/brakes get warmed up.

Second question. My idle has always been kind of high, around 900 - 1200 rpms,
runs great. Carbs have never been rebuilt and I'm sure they're well overdue.
When I try adjusting the idle screws and "push them home manually" it idles
great around 600 -700 rpms. But when I drive or rev the engine, the idle
screws never seem to hit the stops, and the rpms stay high, sometimes around
1500? I guess something is either dirty, or worn out, or ?. Any thoughts or
experiences?

TIA

Dave Willner
59 TR3A Apple Green