Tr-4 tub weight?

To: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Subject: Tr-4 tub weight?
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 09:08:53 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "J.C. Hassall"
>I'm trying to talk myself out of a frame-off, but in case I lose the
argument, anyone have a SWAG of how much a bare tub for a TR-4 weighs?  Any
suggestions for how to remove it in one piece w/o doing more damage than
good?  I figure I need to brace the door openings - probably a 2x4 bolted
to the top door hinge on each side should work.  Anything else?  How many
middle-aged couch potatoes will it take?
<

Jim, can you just leave the doors in place?  Much easier than fabricating a
brace.

BTW three of us middle-aged couch potatoes had no porblem man handling a
TR6 tub.  They are not at all heavy.

Dave