Re: TR6 front spoiler, TR6 noise

To: "'jdavis344@directvinternet.com'" <jdavis344@directvinternet.com>, "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 front spoiler, TR6 noise
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 08:27:35 -0600
Jim, FYI there is a spoiler up for bid on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=183130297
0&r=0&t=0> &item=1831302970&r=0&t=0

Regarding the diff noise, do you have poly diff mounts?  I tried them
and they made an awful whine that was particularly bad around 55 MPH.
Went back to rubber mounts and noise went away.  Its easy to tell if you
have poly mounts just by poking something blunt into one of them.  If
you have rubber diff mounts and the diff is properly filled with oil,
then it sounds like it may be on its way out.

John - 1976 TR6

Jim Davis wrote;
I need a front spoiler for a late model TR6. Anyone have one for sale?
One of my TR6s has a whining noise that I believe is coming from the
rear end.