Spitfire & garage feature

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire & garage feature
From: Pat Fischer <pfischer@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 22:20:09 -0500
This is just such fun that I have to share: the local newspaper does a
column on people working on their cars, and the latest feature is about
my husband, Roger, and his Spitfire. Luckily for us, the Spit's trans is
having an out-of-body experience right now. And it's looking stunning
what with the new alloy wheels that we got through Richard Hockert,
another member of this list.

When those wheels arrived here I told my husband that they were way too
pretty to put on the dirty roads and that we should just display them
artistically in various rooms around the house. But he wanted them on
the car so badly that you can see them in the photos - even before the
transmission is back in.

The article runs in the Lawrence (Kansas) Journal World paper tomorrow,
but article and photos are on the Web site today.

http://www.lawrence.com/features/racing/features.html

Click on "Garage Pass: Roger Elliott"

Thanks, Richard. Thanks, all.

Pat Fischer