Subject: TR3a soft top & tonneau install

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Subject: TR3a soft top & tonneau install
From: "Jim Mills" <jmmills@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 20:33:37 -0700
To install the top is a straightforward task, but you need heat. There is
nothing wrong in doing it with mother natures help, and making use of the sun.
The key to success is to leave the top in place for a period of time, so that
it goes through several temperture changes. My TR3A top was fitted that way 18
years ago and fits just the same today. Nice and taught, and goes on warm or
cold.
I have fitted other tops in cool weather, where I have placed a small electric
heater inside  the car, and have enjoyed the same success. I believe that the
pros use heat guns.

Jim Mills
TR3A,
TR250