RE: Alternator info found on VTR webpage

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Alternator info found on VTR webpage
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 06:45:50 -0700
> I just looked at www.vtr.org
>
> Lots of good information there on alternators and conversions.
>
> If you have more to add . . . I'm still listening.

For roughly the same price overall, you can get a 55 amp Bosch alternator
that is a direct replacement for the TR6 unit.  No bracket changes, no cable
adapter (takes the same plug as the Lucas), and the same fan belt.  The only
downside is that it doesn't come with a pulley, you'll have to use your old
pulley.  (Someone wrote me that the same alternator was used in a VW
application, where it comes with a pulley, but I don't know the
application.)

Ask for a Bosch alternator for a 78 Ford Fiesta with A/C.  (Non A/C cars
used a Motorcraft alternator that mounts differently.)  My local parts store
stocks them (although Pep Boys probably doesn't), $45 plus a $10 core
charge.

Randall