RE: TR3a wipers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3a wipers
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:20:54 -0700 o m>
> In pursuit of the safety some time this week, I am installing the wipers.
> When I turn them on they go past the frame. When paked the wiper sit less
> than a 1/4" from the frame. Is this alright?

IMO, no.  They shouldn't go past the frame.  Lift the arms, and adjust the
park switch so the motor stops at the very end of the travel.  The
adjustment is made by loosening the screws in the gear housing cover just a
bit, and turning the switch housing.  It's OK to run the motor with the
screws a little loose, until you find the right position for the switch, but
don't forget to snug them down when you're done.

Then with the motor parked, remove and reinstall the wiper arms so they lay
right at the edge of the frame.

After doing all this, they probably will remain some distance from the frame
when parking them dry, AFAIK this is normal.  But with the windshield wet,
they should park pretty close to the frame.

Of course, if your car is like mine, your next problem will be that they
foul on the convertible top when it's installed ... but my wipers aren't
exactly stock.

Randall