Re: TR3a carpets

To: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a carpets
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 09:33:16 -0700
From: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 7:29 AM
Subject: TR3a carpets

> Morning all & Happy Victoria Day to all Canucks :-)
>
> I have moved on to dry fitting the carpet set I got with the car, and like
> most time have questions:
>
> 1- I have a piece that is 18x18" with a 6" extension in one corner. My
> thought this goes on the outer wall of the footwell, yes?

Sounds more like the piece that goes under the seats. Make sure you have the
right set, the pattern changed around TS6000 with the later cars having a
sloping rear floor and the earlier ones being more angular.

The vertical pieces for the footwell should have a more solid edging than
the simple carpet binding on the other pieces. At least mine did.

> 2- Rear wheel humps, are these typically supplied or they something that
has
> to be custom made?

On mine, the rear wheel humps themselves have a vinyl cover.

> 3- trunk kit is a different kit right?

No trunk pieces on the seet that I got from TRF.