Spare tire for TR6

To: mhooper@pixelsystems.com
Subject: Spare tire for TR6
From: Davgil@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 08:16:07 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mark,
When I purchased my TR6, it did not have a spare tire.  I found a spare steel
wheel at a local club event and took it to my tire store.  Told the fellow
there that I wanted a tire that would fit the wheel and easily store in the
boot.  He said to leave it and a couple of days later he called me up.  A
nice tire (used from a vehicle that had three bad tires and one good one but
the owner purchased four new ones if that makes sense) and the best thing, no
cost to me.  Probably not as professional as the real guru's on this list
would suggest, but I really only use it as a spare.  I run redlines on the
car and did not want to try to match them just for a spare.  You may try
something similar.
Best regards,
David Gill
1976 TR6