Weird clutch release

To: triumph mail list <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Triumph 6-pack mail list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weird clutch release
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 18:56:43 -0400
Ok, I finally fixed the oil leak (keen sert's are my favorite new repair
part) and now the clutch release is acting strange.
Before I dropped the oil pan to repair a front engine block leak the
clutch had a great bite. Now it's release feels sloppy and slow. No
slippage under load and shifts well but no "bite" on take off. No
unusual noises or feeling but it's definitely not right.
If the fork pin was broken I would have trouble depressing the clutch
not releasing it. Could the T/O bearing sleeve be binding on the shaft &
not letting it slide all the forward ?
I'm open to all ideas.

--
Mitch Seff